A highly reputable knee and joint pain organization is seeking a fill-in locum physician for their North Carolina offices in Cary, Greensboro and Charlotte. This practice is dedicated to non-surgical solutions for joint pain where their joint care medicine has helped over 40,000 patients avoid surgery due to a variety of conditions, including arthritis, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and more. Led by a board certified physician this practice is dedicated to the well being of their patients and does not prescribe prescriptions or over the counter medication, but uses their extensive knowledge of joint care to help patients lead a pain free life.
Responsibilities could include:
- Orders diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/studies as appropriate
- Performs clinical procedures (i.e., joint injections)
- Reviews and interprets diagnostic studies with patient and forms treatment plan
- Provides pre and post procedure education and counseling for all patients undergoing minor procedures including ultrasound guided joint injections and implantable pain relieving devices
- Collectively treats patients through medication and refill management
- Initiates and monitors medication and treatment in accordance with the current standards of care
- Evaluates need for immediate care and/or referral to other disciplines
- Completes notes in a timely manner
- Completes patient forms as necessary, including FMLA, disability, etc.
- Medical License
- Preferred if experienced with Sports Medicine / Rehabilitation
- some knowledge in reviewing images of joints
- Knee injection experience a plus
This position does require traveling between 3 locations, located in 3 different counties: Wake, Mecklenburg, and Guilford.
Other job titles may include: Physician, MD, Pain management, sports medicine, joint injections,
Job Types: Full-time, Contract